Now available for downloading:
The Voters’ Guide
for the May 2023 Primaries
Voter Information — Vote: It makes a difference!
2023 Election Dates
|Primary:||May 12, 2023||Last day to register: May 1, 2023
Last day to request a Mail-In Ballot: May 9, 2023
|General:||November 7, 2023||Last day to register: October 23, 2023
Last day to request a Mail-In Ballot: Oct 31, 2023
of all 2023 election dates:
absentee ballots, registration deadlines, nomination deadlines, etc.
General information for the Luzerne County elections.
Information regarding absentee and mail-in ballots is listed below.
(Tentative until all provisional and mail-in ballots counted)
Informed Voter Information
- LWV Voters’ Guide candidate info and responses (pdf)
- Vote411 candidates and positions, polling places and drop box info
- BallotReady candidates and positions
- VoteSmart  position surveys, voting records, endorsements
- Ballotpedia   ballots and background
- Pennsylvania LWV
- Campaign Finance Info (Luzerne County)
- Candidate List and Calendar (PA Voter Services)
- Times Leader
- The Citizens’ Voice (Requires a CV subscription)
- PA Bar Judge Ratings
Judicial Elections, county candidate forums
(held by LWVWBA; posted by Luzerne County Dems)
- Judicial Elections, statewide candidate forums
- Judicial Elections, general info (Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts)
To Register You Must:
- Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next election
Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election
- Have been a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
Click Here for a voter registration application and more information.
Pennsylvania Voter Registration Mail Application Forms must be completed and submitted to your county elections office.
Pennsylvania law provides for permanent voter registration, unless the voter’s registration should be canceled in accordance with law. All electors, except those in the military service of the United States and bedridden or hospitalized war veterans unavoidably absent from their county of residence, must be registered to be eligible to vote.
Once registered to vote, an individual is not required to register
again unless he or she changes residence, name, or
political party affiliation.
More information may be found on the Vote.PA Resource page.
County Elections Office
- Director of Elections
- 20 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 207
- Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701-3505
Polling Places and Districts
- PA State Polling Place Lookup
- List of all polling places (pdf)
- District Maps: US House
- District Maps: State Senate
- District Maps: State House
- District Maps: State House
- District Maps and Information
Mail-In and Absentee Ballots
- Application form for mail-in ballots (See “Election Dates” above for duedate.)
- Completed ballots must be received by the Board of Elections by 8 PM on election day.
- The status of a ballot application may be checked on the PA Voter -Services page.
To obtain a mail-in ballot or absentee ballot, you may apply online or through the county elections office shown above. The applications page lists the deadlines for applying for and returning the ballots.
More information is available on the
Luzerne County web page
PA State page.
Voters’ Guide Archive